When it comes to effortless daytime style, simple two-tone outfits are an easy go-to for last minute looks when you’re in a hurry. Dare I remind you that we are nearly back into school run territory once again, not to mention the new fashion season approaching.
A palette of black and white with a khaki or grey addition if you want some variety, is easy to mix and match with zero early morning brain power required. Wear a slogan tee or positively emblazoned knit to add just enough detail to keep the outfit from being completely plain and finishing with a fuss-free yet stylish trainer combines practicality with an athleisure edge.
Scroll for outfit details
- If white jeans are a no-no for you, try grey, khaki or a light colour coated skinny jean for wipe clean-ability, solving the white-jeans-with-messy-kids dilemma.
Try Mango’s waxed skinny Belle jean – these are always an unexpected hit with my Personal Styling clients as ladies never expect to like them when I pick a pair out, but they are always surprised how much they enjoy wearing them and how good they feel in a pair.
- For the most flattering length turn up your jeans inside or out so they sit just above the ankle. If you’re under 5’6″ many high street jeans in a crop length will actually be a good, flattering length. Also look for ‘7/8’ length on the label.
Try Oasis Lily Stiletto Skinny which have a high rise waist with ankle grazer length.
- Keep lines clean and avoid socks peeking out with invisible socks or as I like to call them footless. Black or nude are the most useful options and if you go to soft play with the littlies often, it’s like you’re wearing a little ballet slipper that still works with your outfit even when shoes are removed.
Try these at H&M or visit Primark for a good selection.
- Keep jewellery simple but a little something will always add interest to add polish to your outfit, wherever you are going. Take a look at my personal everyday jewellery essentials to inspire your collection.
- The recently launched You Inspire range of trainers from Skechers has massively upped the brand in the style stakes; expect sleek lines and high end sports inspired shapes with maximum comfort – the insoles are heavenly. With a knitted upper that fits like a glove, well, sock, the support comes from a rubberised heel surround while comfort isn’t compromised. If you’re after a plain trainer that’s not covered in branding and seriously comfortable for school runs and day wear, this is a winner.
Exclusive discount code
Use code COCOM15 for a 15% discount on all full price items at Cloggs.co.uk
(excluding Dubarry). Valid until 31 August 2017.
Shop my style
Slogan sweater c/o Sugarhill Boutique (also in tan) | Jeans, similar here at Hobbs | Glasses, Kylie Minogue @ Specsavers | Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in electric pink, Maybelline | Trainers, Skechers c/o Cloggs.co.uk