When it comes to mum essentials, the cross-body bag is way up there in the list of mama must-haves. One of the first blog posts on Coco Mama Style back in 2012 covered this key item (see the post here) and while I’ve gone from one to two daughters since then, the need for a cross-body bag remains:
- Hands-free for buggy-pushing/carrying child
- Keeping essentials with you while at soft play/playgroup/running after child
- Small enough to pass off as the perfect day to night bag when/if you get a night off!
The updates for 2016? Tassels, chain straps and embossed finishes.
1. Two-tone leather with tassels, Dickens & Jones SALE – under £30
2. Pink with tassel, Armani Jeans – under £70
3. Leather and suede with detachable strap, c/o Oasis
4. ‘Soho’ grey leather, Radley – under £80
5. Leather and hair in leopard print, Village England – under £70
6. Orange leather, DKNY
7. Blue leather ‘Tate’, Lauren, Ralph Lauren
8. Blue leather ‘Sutton’, DKNY – under £100
9. Embossed leather, Biba
10. Suede with tassel, Oasis – under £30
All cross-body handbags, House of Fraser
As seen on Coco Mama
The top pick for value for money and style is the Oasis wear-anywhere cross body bag with detachable strap. Grey is actually more versatile from day to night than black and with the contrasting leather and suede the textures are more noticeable in the lighter shade. It’s also available in orange and for £25 it wouldn’t hurt to have one of each…!
Oasis c/o House of Fraser