Colour blocking is a sure-fire way to brighten up your wardrobe (even on a grey day) and this season Next have come up trumps with their bright and bold pieces for mums and kids. Here’s cocomama‘s pick for you and your brood.
All available at Next
Girls: purple dress and orange trousers
Boys: Pink chinos, yellow chinos, blue hoody and purple shorts
Womens: Green playsuit, yellow sequin sleeve t shirt, pink maxi skirt
Style tips for mums
- Don’t be daunted by playsuits. If low necklines aren’t your thing and daywear is more your style, layer with a tee or lace trim vest underneath, stack up the bangles and throw on some flat sandals with a long cardi on hand if it’s nippy.
- This sequin tee is great for dressing up or down. Team with pastel skinny jeans or a pair of chinos for day and a block colour skirt (like the one above) and metallic sandals for dressier daywear. Just add slim black cigarette pants and some slender killer heels for evening and you’ll be good to go. Keep accessories simple and let the t shirt do the talking.
- We all know maxi skirts are great for elegantly hiding un-toned pins and adding a boho vibe to your look and in one block tone they will elongate with a column of colour. Add a simple tee and denim jacket or unstructured blazer and heels for a dressier affair.
- Instantly update your outfits and pack a punch with clashing brights. Think fuchsia and orange, scarlet and hot pink, acid green and lemon.
- For more subtle colour blocking try shades that are close to each other: green and blue (yes they can be seen!), pink and purple, red and orange