Mary Berry’s floral cardigans have been the highlight of the Great British Bake-Off for me each series (yes, really!) and although Mary’s off our screens, I’m still getting my floral fashion fix as the High Street is currently awash with variations on this lady-like piece. So what better time to pick the best blooms and, most importantly, offer some tips on how to style them. Think less frump and more fun.
Pretty / casual
- Choose a V neck if you’re big on top or balance out a round neck by wearing your cardi with a full or A-line skirt – great for pear shapes.
- Keep it simple with a slim leg dark jeans and a white shirt underneath for a classic look.
- Lift a monochrome cardi with pops of neon in your accessories or bright skinny jeans.
- Choose an accent colour in the print to pick up on elsewhere in your outfit, like the girly boyfriends look above.
- Contrast a prim cardigan with plimsolls for a modern take on this classic piece.