With Fashion Month in full swing, social media feeds are being filled with the latest designer collections hitting the catwalks to give us a preview of what we may be wearing next Autumn/Winter. While this Winter feels like it’s going on forever – and I certainly don’t want to think about another one just yet – I’m looking to the new Spring/Summer collections for style inspiration and hope of warmer days to come.
It’s been a while since I brought you a catwalk to closet look but I spotted this shirt dress from River Island which is not only a useful addition to the wardrobe but it’s also ticking boxes for trend appeal with its crisp, dark denim fabric: your new season denim update.
Be inspired by Versus Versace’s sharp shirt dress paired with red accessories to contrast the dark denim. Style it your way or try these ideas:
- Wear with tights now, then without when the weather warms up.
- Heels or flats? You decide. The shirt dress can take you from daytime to date night and everything in between.
- Get more use from your shirt dress and wear open as a duster jacket over a t-shirt or sweater and skinnies (try black, grey or a colour rather than blue) or over a printed dress in place of a classic denim jacket.
- Tie your neck scarf and button up your dress for the catwalk look or unbutton to create a V-shape neckline to break up the bust area. Why not try wearing a top underneath to add colour? Or a lace cami for a bit of texture.
- The shape of this particular dress doesn’t lend itself to belting at the waist but if you opt for a more fitted denim dress, make like Versus and add a white belt to draw the eye to a narrower waist.