When it’s still summer but you need an extra layer, look to lighter-toned neutrals with just a hint of colour and use a lightweight top layer that works just as well over a vest while it’s mild as it will over a roll neck or sweater when the temperature drops.
- With bare arms be sure to add bracelets or a watch to complete the outfit.
- Light grey shoes are a great alternative to nudes, especially as we move into autumn. Adding a lighter shoe with a dark pair of jeans really lifts the whole look.
- If your wardrobe is full of blue jeans in a variety of shades, look to grey denim for your new season update.
- Bright lips (and/or nails) will work wonders to add a flash of colour to an otherwise neutral look.
- Statement necklaces have their place in elevating a look but for a minimal, yet polished outfit and to mirror the long lines of the waistcoat, layered pendants are just the ticket here.
Shop my style
Waistcoat, Ichi | Vest, Great Plains (also here) | High-rise skinny jeans, Wåven | Bag, Mi Pac | Bracelets and ring, c/o Black & Sigi | Stick pendant necklace, Miss Selfridge | Heart necklace, Tiffany & Co. | Apple watch (38mm steel with milanese loop strap), Apple | Shoes, Mint Velvet