Skirts are having a moment right now as dresses take a back seat for a while. Wrap styles, tie waists and A-line shapes are all big news in the world of skirts and the length to wear? Why, a midi, of course.
- As a general rule, the most flattering skirt length on most women is just below the knee where the leg is at its slimmest point but the lightweight fabric, busy print and side split give this skirt a lighter feel and breaks up a heavy block on the bottom half.
- If you feel too much focus is drawn to your hips in a pencil skirt, a straighter cut skirt is for you.
- A tucked in top gives a polished finish but you could also play with your proportions and silhouette with a straight tunic worn over the skirt for a 2016 twist.
- Longer hemlines will make legs appear shorter so nude heels are ideal but a bright shoe can lift the look, especially if your top half is dark. Avoid ankle straps for the most flattering finish.
- With a busy, clashing print like this keep your top simple in a block colour with a little textured detailing.
Shop my style