I’ve told you that stripes are big news this season and suggested alternatives to the Breton top (watch here and read here) and it’s such a big trend I’m not going to stop just there – so watch this space for more.
In the meantime, if you’ve a drawer full of stripey tees, don’t throw them out! But how can you update them for SS16? The answer: bring your lower half into the new season with an A-line denim midi.
- This subtle A-line shape streamlines hips and elongates legs.
- Keep your top half tucked in for a polished look.
- No need for a belt, keep it simple.
- Neutral shoes are ideal with a midi skirt as they lengthen legs which can be shortened by this longer hemline.
- The vertical striped pocket adds a small but not insignificant detail which makes this Breton just a little more interesting. If yours is plain, wear a necklace to add detail or add an iron-on monogram or embroidered patch to bring it right up-to-date.
Shop my style