We often hear about capsule wardrobes and those wardrobe classics we must all own: the white shirt, trench coat, leather jacket… This list can be as long as it is varied. I’ve filmed a video with style tips on one such essential before with Ways to Wear a White Shirt (watch it here) and if you read my posts regularly and follow my instagram you’ll notice the items that are staples in my wardrobe.
We all have our different styles but one item every woman needs in one guise or another is a classic black court. Pointed, round toe, stiletto or block heel, there is a shape for all of us so owning a simple black heel to pull out of the box when all else fails is a must.
Take it classic with a slim black trouser and crisp white shirt, work the modern muse look in grey boyfriend tee, black blazer and skinny jeans, or finish a simple LBD look by stepping into a classic black court. Head over to Pinterest for some of my top black court looks.
Top court tips
- For me, the perfect black court has to be high and with a pointed toe for maximum leg lengthening properties.
- If wearing with a skirt or dress that is knee length or above, you can afford a more rounded toe but try to keep it as an almond (rounded point) shape for a more stylish edge.
- Stiletto heels will always win for elegance but a block heel will also give a current feel right now.
- With a leather sole, be sure to score before wear. It breaks my heart every time to do this with new shoes but it is a must for adding grip.
- Tights with courts can be problematic and cause shoes to slip so try a think textured gel insole under the ball of your foot for added friction to help with the slip factor.
- If wearing with trousers, show a flash of foot with a hem that finishes at the slimmest part of your ankle to flatter the most.
Steal my style
My perfect black court: high and pointed, c/o Daniel footwear