Give the stripes and florals a break (for now!) and opt for polka dots in bold black and white for a fresh take on spring/summer style. Monochrome spots were dotted across models at Dolce & Gabbana in Flamenco inspired dresses for SS15 and teamed with tough leather and sheer fabrics at Emanuel Ungaro for AW15.
High Street hits
This statement print has not lost any punch on its journey from the catwalks to the high street but it is of course, utterly wearable. Pick the perfect polka dot piece for your body shape from these top 7 spotty high street steals.
1. Nip in your waist, skim hips and draw the eye up to slender shoulders with this dress, Izabel.
2. Great for all body shapes, just button up to boost a bust or unbutton to flatter a bigger chest. Shirt, Poppy Lux
3. Skim a tummy with this navy top, Mango.
4. Disguise a mum-tum and keep shoulders covered with this dress, Boohoo.com.
5. A higher necklace will work well with a smaller bust. Top, Mango.
6. Highlight your waist with this light pink skirt, Jolie Moi.
7. Draw attention to lean legs with these bold trousers, Love Moschino.
Take inspiration from the runways and edge up your spots for evening with leather or give your look a Spanish twist with ruffles. Or go dotty in the daytime with one of these looks styled by yours truly. Just add colour, denim and a metallic accessory.
Girly lunch, playdate, or school run, there’s a spotty style for all shapes, sizes and occasions.
Are you wearing spots this season? How will you wear yours?