Today’s quick fix under £50 is just right for working mamas; the office-staple pencil skirt is brought right up-to-date thanks to F&F at Tesco.
Not only is this skirt in the fabric of 2014 (scuba), it has a digital, mirrored floral print (so current) and it’s in black and white with a pop of neon yellow. Phew, you couldn’t get more en fashion pointe in one garment if you tried (well, maybe, but it certainly wouldn’t look this good!).
So there are your trend factors to take note of, but is it mum-propriate? Totally.
1. Scuba-style fabric does. Not. Crease. You can pull it off the washing line and straight on when you’re rushing out of the door. Even a packed train or sitting stuck in a traffic jam won’t crumple this springy little number.
2. Make it work for the office by adding your classic white shirt, simple black blazer and finish with a bold necklace (for another splash of colour) and some pointy flats or courts.
2. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, busy prints are your best friend. Even if those Weetabix-coated little fingers are drawn to your clean clothes like a magnet at breakfast time no-one will ever spot it.
3. And if you’re not office-bound? Slip in to this, some trainers (especially skater shoes) and a tucked-in loose tee, perhaps a denim jacket too and you’ll look hot to trot (in the playground, obvs).
4. It’s £18. I challenge you to find something else which ticks all of these boxes and comes in at under £20.