Another style challenge, another great excuse to inspire some outfits. Next’s Mummy Stylist competition asked for an outfit from their childrenswear range up to £500. But who wants one outfit when you can have four (or more)?
I’ve styled looks based around this super-chic striped cardigan (if only it came in size Mummy too!), because a little lady’s wardrobe has to be multi-functional, right? With these four looks, she’ll be ready for anything the Summer can throw at her.
Hero piece: The striped cardigan, £10
Boho chic: Straw trilby, £7.50; Floral jumpsuit, £17; Corsage sandals, £12.50
Preppy Princess: Striped corsage tee, £5.50; Pink jeans, £10; Stripe Espadrilles, £10
Summer in the City: Yellow petal tunic, £7.50; Tailored shorts with belt, £10; Spot pumps, £9
Glamping Girl: Denim frill playsuit, £18; Spot wellies, £12.50;
All items from the Next Young girls collection age 3months-6years
- Stripes go with everything. Yes, really. Florals, spots, frills, more stripes, you name it. So you don’t have to choose plain outerwear to ensure you’ll get the wear out of it.
- A little girl’s wardrobe should be fun. You can really only get away with top-to-toe fuchsia or a mish-mash of crazy prints below the age of about 14.
- Having said that, Honey, I shrunk Mummy’s outfit looks can be seriously cute. Size these looks up and Coco Mama would totally wear them all.
- Choose a few key, interesting and seasonal pieces and team with basics from her existing wardrobe.
If she isn’t growing out of her clothes too fast these items can carry through to Autumn:
- Layer the jumpsuit with a long sleeve tee and boots.
- Add tights and a long sleeve body under the playsuit and shorts outfits
- Swap the espadrilles for cosy boots and add a warm knit over the striped tee.
What would you spend £500 on in Next? And enough about the girls, what boys looks do you love? Is your little man preppy in polos? Ready to rumble in combats? Or erm, street in sneakers?!