- Layer a sheer tee over a breton stripe or disguise your mama tum with a loose fit tee over the stripe to show the sleeves.
- Dark skinny jeans hide every baby stain.
- Add a wear-anywhere jacket in a dark colour. Navy says ‘chic’ so much more than black if you ask me and isn’t too smart for weekend wear.
- Throw all your baby-related paraphernalia into a bright tote – if you’re anything like me and bored with your change bag after 10 months!
- Then choose from a wedge boot for height or detailed pump for comfort.
- If you’re partial to an accessory or four, pink or teal adds a pop of colour to this outfit and means you can vary the outfit with each wear.
- Finish with a print scarf. Floral, paisley or leopard all look great with stripes.
And remember it’s not about buying a whole new wardrobe, maybe all you need is to dig out that old blazer or add a print scarf or bright belt to your existing weekend look to make you feel that little bit more stylish, with minimal effort.
You can find similar items across the high street and online but in case you’re wondering, these are from:
Stripe top, Jigsaw; Oversize tee, Toast; Sheer tee, placedestendances.com; Blazer, Topshop; Jeans, Mango; Ballet flat, H&M; Wedge boots, endless.com; Vinyl bag, HMcQ by Alexander McQueen; Blue print scarf, Liberty.
(Vintage Eiffel Tower wall art from homedecorators.com)